w

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Survey: What is it for?

Some people have asked, when I pointed them to this survey, what is the motivation for this WYD survey?

It was inspired by stories I heard from the testimonies of those who attended the WYD '93 in Denver. Many priests & nuns and other consecrated persons I encountered online mention that they went to the WYD '93, and for some, it was a turning point. I'd like to know how far this assertion goes.

From people around me, I perceive that there must be something more to the World Youth Day than a few days of pilgrimage, fun (with some drinks thrown in), and spirituality that is to be forgotten soon after. The Pope, being the extraordinary teacher that he is, gave such great addresses to the youth that they are still being quoted from.

Any feedback or technical glitch, please write to me at catholiclinuxmonkey AT gmail DOT com. THANK YOU!

1 Comments:

At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!
This is a really good idea. I had such a great experience at WYD 2005, and I'd love to know how others found it and the impact it's had one year on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home